The West Park Healthcare Centre was founded on September 2, 1904 by a philanthropist that goes by the name, Sir William Gage with some help from the National Sanitarium Association (NSA). When he first opened the the hospital doors it was named the Toronto Free Hospital for Consumptive Poor. When finally established, the West Park Healthcare Centre was one of the first centres in Canada that would treat advanced cases of tuberculosis.
The West Park Healthcare Centre's mission is to help patients, clients and residents of Toronto, to live the best possible life they can. They accomplish this by providing specialized rehab, complex continuing care and long-term care. They value repect towards others and strive for innovation. Their main goal is to achieve excellence in all fields of healthcare.